Links to valuable resources for authors & publishers!
If you attended one of my recent workshops, chances are I referred to several of these.
- Bowker (if you need to purchase ISBN numbers)
- Firefox add-in to read ePUB files
- Amazon KDP portal
- Amazon Kindle Publishing portal (for blogs)
- Download Kindle Reader (all devices)
- Download Adobe Digital Editions for the PC (to read ePUB files)
- Google Books (link to authors/publishers page)
- Apple Connect (to create a publishers account)
- Apple eBook Publishing FAQ
- PubIt! @ Barnes & Noble (to create a publishers account)
- Sony Reader publishers page (apply to submit your ePubs)
- Kobo Books (Publishers page)
- ePUB validator (to self check your ePUB conversions)
- Barnes & Noble’s Nook reader software (all devices)
- Web Hosting
- Email Marketing
- Document/Workflow Management
- eCommerce (direct to consumers)
- eCommerce (to wholesalers)
- Secure transaction & delivery for your ebooks (integrates with eCommerce-to-Consumers solution above).
- Domain Registration
Selling through affiliates
Other sites to sell your eBook
**While Amazon is the best place to have your book (from personal experience, they outsell all the rest), there is a growing list of companies that are building marketplaces for eBook as well. Here’s a list… an please let us know if you know of anymore we should add to the list. Note: Some of these may now be live yet or may be in the process of be acquired by another (as in the case with Diesel).
- Aldiko Reader
- Blio/Baker & Taylor
- Book Depository
- Books on Board
- Diesel eBooks
- Entourage Edge
- Follett Digital Resources
- Safari Books Online
- Stanza Reader
WordPress continues to be the #1 tool I encourage all authors & publishers to learn & implement. Here’s a list of valuable WordPress Plug-ins (although you can install them manually through the links below, I recommend you install them from within the wordpress control panel via the ‘Add’ plugin function if you can). If you need help getting wordpress installed for the first time, check out my 5 step tutorial.
- Twitter Tools plugin (by Alex King)
- Contact Form plugin
- Google XML Sitemaps (to make your site Google-friendly)
- Akismet (to eliminate SPAM in your comments)
- Wordbooker (your posts automagically go on to your facebook wall)
- Deep Link Engine (To help your search engine rankings)
- WP-Stats-Dashboard (Great site analytics right inside your own wordpress control panel!)
Did I miss any valuable resources you’ve found? Please let me know through the comment box below and I’ll add it to the list.