Do you need help getting your book onto Apple’s iBooks store in iTunes? We have been helping authors publish books to Apple iTunes Connect (via their our own account or in our account) since 2010. Here are a few important things you need to know about getting published in the Apple iBookstore:
- They don’t generally approve new accounts for authors who only have 1 book.
- They require a unique ISBN # (assigned to the epub version of your book).
- You need to use a mac to upload your book because the software required to do it only runs on a mac.
The good news is that we are here to help get your book available on Apple’s ebook platform. You have 2 options:
1. We can setup your title under your own account. Note: You will have to be approved and they are not always so good about approving new authors/publishers. But feel free to give it a try by visiting this site to request a new account. While you do need a mac to upload your files, you don’t need an mac to create an account. Most importantly, you will need to completely setup your account before we can upload your file(s). this step trips up a lot of people because apple requires authentication via email! Even after you’ve been approved for an account, you MUST click on the link that they send you in the email entitled ‘Welcome to the iTunes Store’. Next, you will need to request & approve a contract for each country you want to sell your ebook in and provide apple with your contact info, bank account, and tax ID. A very brief tutorial on how to do this is below:
2. We can setup your title under our account. You will be given your own Apple iTunes Connect login so you can check your sales anytime you want, directly on Apple’s site. We pay once/quarter minus a small administration fee.
For option #1: Here’s the steps we’ll need your help with if you want us to set your title on YOUR account. If you want us to set your title up on our account see below. If you don’t have an ISBN #, we can assign you one of ours for $45 (normal price is ~$125 if you buy from one of the agencies, but we have purchased a block of #’s to keep the price down).
For option #2: If you can’t get an iTunes connect account approved or would just prefer to leave it all up to us, we will publish it through our account. Contact us and request a copy of our contract to get started.
Note: Either option requires a one-time upfront title setup fee (to cover our time to properly setup your title).